Welcome to charityfocus!
CharityFocus is the premier tool for finding information about the 85,000 registered charities in Canada. You can search by specific organization or find charities in your community or area of interest.
- Find information about any Canadian charity.
- Engage with charities via social media.
- See charities' financial information and how they’ve been doing over time.
- Make a donation on the spot!
- Watch our CharityFocus: Telling your Story webinar.
- Tell your story. Connect with your supporters.
- Upload your mission statements, program information, social media feed, annual reports and financial statements.
- Get help completing the T3010 using our QuickPrep tool.
- Use Charity Tax Tools to better understand CRA regulations.
Charity Fast Facts
- Did you know that there are more than 85,000 registered charities in Canada?
- Canadians donated $10 billion in 2007 – an increase of 12% from 2004.
- The charitable sector represents $79.1 billion or 7.8% of Canada’s gross domestic product.
- It is larger than automotive and manufacturing and generates $112 billion in revenues.
- It creates approximately 2 million jobs.
- It engages 12 million volunteers
- Canadians with the lowest household incomes give a greater percentage of their income.
- Those who attend religious services weekly make larger than average annual donations.
- Religious organizations do not receive as many donations as other types of charities, but they receive the largest amounts, followed by Health and Social Services charities.
CharityFocus is provided by Imagine Canada, a national charitable organization whose cause is Canada’s charities and nonprofits. We support and strengthen charities and nonprofits so they can, in turn, support Canadians and the communities they serve.